Mining behemoth ABM Group leads the first SAP S/4HANA digital transformation powered by SNP BLUEFIELD in IndonesiaPT ABM Investama
The S/4HANA implementation involved multiple aspects like automated selective data migration, carve-out of company codes, move to cloud, non-Unicode to Unicode, mapping, and harmonization of business partner master data within six months and with minimized downtime set at less than 48 hours.
The SNP Aadvantages
- CrystalBridge enables quick blueprinting and roadmapping of ABM’s SAP landscape by collecting more than 300,000 SAP data points, giving a visual insight into ABM’s SAP landscape, and providing interactive planning based upon expert recommendations
- SNP software and automated approach includes years of project knowledge and best practices from experience of over 12,500 successful SAP transformations
- S/4HANA conversion requires multiple pre- and post-projects. The SNP software approach enables ABM to converge a complex multi-step project into a single project, which ensures faster ROI with up to 70% reduction in SAP project time,cost and risk
- Reduced business downtime – 40% less than the traditional approaches
- Data footprint reduction of up to 50%
- Reduction of 50% of unused organizational units in the target S/4HANA system to simplify business processes and SAP key data structures
SNP’s unique BLUEFIELD™ approach delivers end-to-end S/4HANA transformations in a predictable timeframe with a mature industrialized approach based on three key pillars:
- Analyze – Software to analyze and quantify all components of an S/4HANA transformation with facts
- Plan – Software to profile, clean and harmonize processes and data ahead of the move to S/4HANA
- Execute – Software to control, automate and expedite the system transformation and data migration activities
The challenge and the solution
Entering the year 2020, the ABM Group continues to strengthen its business to become a highly agile conglomerate with integrated mining ecosystems. Deep in the heart of the enterprise was a system and data landscape that powered the business operations, automating core business processes and the movement of data – the organization’s life blood – from process to process.
Complex, multi-version, multi-vendor heterogeneous environments were dwelling within the intricate multi-system landscapes built up over time. Replatforming and upgrading old systems also involved considerable risk and several different projects. Additionally, performing each project separately entailed a destructive migration of the source with no fallback position. Processes and IT landscapes also needed to be future-proofed. The strategy needed to be powered by radical changes in ABM’s business models through digitalisation, modernisation and convergence via SAP S/4HANA digital transformation.
It was imperative to map customers and vendors to a business partner as well as harmonize the master data, configuration and custom objects that were not consistent. The S/4HANA implementation involved multiple aspects like automated selective data migration, carve-out of company codes, move to cloud, non-Unicode to Unicode, mapping, and harmonization of business partner master data within six months and with minimized downtime set at less than 48 hours. The target was a successful go-live safeguarding the budget, scope and timelines as planned.
BLUEFIELDTM, a highly automated software-driven approach was the enabler for a fast and secure implementation of this complex project which included:
- Re-structuring of the key data structure of the legacy SAP
- Data cleansing
- Data migration and transformation with selective historical data
- Multiple pre- and post-projects converged into one single
- Reduced project effort, timescales, and near-zero risk
- Minimized business downtime
The SNP BLUEFIELD™ approach played a pivotal role in the success of our SAP S/4HANA transformation by automating and accelerating multiple complex projects in a single go-live within six months with a minimized downtime of less than 48 hours at minimal cost and risk. The approach leverages the power of software automation together with unparalleled visibility and analytics, allowing you to get the business benefits of S/4HANA right away as compared to traditional methods and ensuring you don’t wait years to build up enough historical data for the analytics to work. It thus delivers faster return on investment (ROI), increased business continuity, agility, lower total cost of ownership, improved governance and compliance.
Chief Information Officer, PT ABM Investama Tbk