Optimising and Transforming Procurement Processes with SAP Ariba
At a glance
As the company's main function is the distribution of gas to more than 2,500,000
customers, the Procurement and Contracting process was one of the main challenges in the organisation. The project sought to transform traditional Procurement processes into processes leveraged by innovative technologies in order to optimise and provide visibility, always taking into account the regulations ofprocurement regulations for a public utilities company
- During 2019 MetroGas managed 40% of the processes in Sourcing (first 2 months of operation in SAP ARIBA). In addition, a bookstore catalogue was implemented with the intention of launching PPE and hardware catalogues during 2020.
- With respect to Supplier Management, a total of approximately 800 suppliers have been migrated to SAP Ariba, out of the 5,000 that make up MetroGas'
- The project's GoLive has been able to process more than 25,000 invoices, streamlining the invoicing process.
- Thanks to the implemented platform, the different processes are visible online and transparently.
- Finally, it was possible to include the integrated solution with Mercado Libre, SPOT Buy, in the project.
The project consisted of several stages. Initially, during 2016, a solution was designed for the digitisation, approval and registration of supplier invoices, based on Open Text tools and workflow development in SAP R/3. In order to optimise and transform the process from need to payment, it was decided to incorporate Opentext's SAP ARIBA and VIM solution, by means of a public tender.
About Grupo Mirgor
It is one of the most important utilities in Argentina and the first in the natural gas distribution sector.and the first in the natural gas distribution sector. It has 2,500,000 customers who receive its service on a daily basis, making it the largest distributor in the country. The company has a team of more than 1,200 people.