Optimizing and transforming procurement processes with SAP AribaMetrogas
As the company's main function is the distribution of gas to more than 2,500,000 customers, the Procurement and Contracting process was one of the main challenges in the organisation. The project sought to transform traditional Procurement processes into processes leveraged by innovative technologies in order to optimise and provide visibility, always taking into account the regulations ofprocurement regulations for a public utilities company.
Our collaboration with Metrogas & the resulting Benefits
The project consisted of several stages. Initially, during 2016, a solution was designed for the digitisation, approval and registration of supplier invoices, based on Open Text tools and workflow development in SAP R/3. In order to optimise and transform the process from need to payment, it was decided to incorporate Opentext's SAP ARIBA and VIM solution, by means of a public tender.
- During 2019 MetroGas managed 40% of the processes in Sourcing (first 2 months of operation in SAP ARIBA). In addition, a bookstore catalogue was implemented with the intention of launching PPE and hardware catalogues during 2020.
- With respect to Supplier Management, a total of approximately 800 suppliers have been migrated to SAP Ariba, out of the 5,000 that make up MetroGas'
- The project's GoLive has been able to process more than 25,000 invoices, streamlining the invoicing process.
- Thanks to the implemented platform, the different processes are visible online and transparently.
- Finally, it was possible to include the integrated solution with Mercado Libre, SPOT Buy, in the project.
With the implementation of SAP Ariba it became possible to qualify and evaluate suppliers with a much more traceable user involvement and thus to refine the supplier list
Maximiliano Diaz Ballve
Head of Logistics and Supplier Management, Metrogás