First SAP S/4HANA Transformation Launch by Inventia Healthcare Ltd in India Using SNP BLUEFIELD™Inventia Healthcare Ltd
Driving the business outcome
Inventia saw digital transformation involving the data and processes as the key to a path toward continuous business differentiation and innovation.
Inventia’s strategy is to maintain high agility in the competitive pharmaceutical industry by making rapid changes in its technology landscape while keeping data secure and processes compliant. With the dynamic market, R&D, regulatory and operational challenges typical to this industry, Inventia saw digital transformation involving the data and processes as the key to a path toward continuous business differentiation and innovation.
For optimal business results, it was imperative to improve and integrate the records, data and business workflows involving several critical enterprise modules like financial controlling and accounting, sales and distribution, material management, logistics, quality management, and production planning. The company needed its SAP landscape to drive real-time business benefits. Inventia therefore chose to explore a fast conversion of its existing on-premise SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 7 to the latest SAP S/4HANA 1909 in the cloud with an ambition to go live in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic!
In the journey from As-Is to To-Be, the first assessment task was to scan and analyze the source landscape, compare scenarios, plan and simulate the configuration and selective data transformation to the desired SAP S/4HANA target system, time slice the data modules and organizational entities and align interfaces. It was also important to ensure that all application functionality is converted to the latest S/4 release and to remove the risk of problems caused by master and transaction data that sometimes cannot be converted. Finally, software and services were deployed to give a quick and safe 360-degree view of the S/4 transformation project for an accurate outcome in a single step.
BLUEFIELD™ – a highly automated software-driven end-to-end S/4HANA transformation approach – was the enabler for a fast, secure and remote implementation of this complex project in a predictable timeframe with a mature industrialized approach, which included:
- Business process re-engineering and enhanced workflows
- Data migration and transformation with selective historical data
- Multiple pre- and post-projects converged into one single project
- Less project effort, reduced timescales and near-zero risk
- Restructuring of the key data structure of the legacy SAP system
- Performance improvisations due to the simplified architecture, new functionality and user experience
- Data harmonization for profit centers, audit readiness and data integrity
- Clean, lean modernization and re-platforming of the SAP landscape to the cloud, reducing total cost of ownership
- 100% remote implementation, safeguarding the budget, scope and timelines with minimized downtime
The SNP Advantages
- CrystalBridge® enables quick blueprinting and roadmapping of Inventia’s SAP landscape by collecting more than 300,000 SAP data points, giving a visual insight into the landscape, and providing interactive planning based upon expert recommendations
- SNP’s software and automated approach includes years of project knowledge and best practices from experience gained from over 12,500 successful SAP transformations
- S/4HANA conversion requires multiple pre- and post-projects. The SNP software approach enables Inventia to converge a complex multi-step project into a single project, which ensures faster ROI and real-time business innovation and value from S/4HANA
- Reduced business downtime – 50% less than the traditional approaches
- Data footprint reduction of up to 40%
SNP BLUEFIELD™ powered by CrystalBridge® was the right partner in our digital transformation strategy to move to SAP S/4HANA® – ensuring data integrity, productivity and cost improvements as well as immense business agility with real-time analytics as compared to traditional methodologies. The highly automated five-month project’s single go-live implementation was executed 100% remotely in COVID-19 pandemic times with a downtime of less than 20 hours and within budget.
Rajat Mittal Shah
Director of Information Technology, Inventia Healthcare Limited, India