United Farmers of Alberta implements SNP Glue to replicate SAP data into Azure CloudUnited Farmers of Alberta
United Farmers of Alberta
The company is continually seeking innovative ways to improve its products and services in order to better serve its customers. Owners and customers require self-service analytics with respect to fuel purchases, overall spend and patronage calculation.After successfully minimizing the database footprint using the SNP OUTBOARD for ERP Archiving solution, UFA faced another challenge: Finding a quicker, easier solution for replicating data to make it available to the cloud-based SAP Business Intelligence system. SNP became aware of the problem and suggested its Glue solution.The company’s biggest challenge with respect to the data replication project was the custom Z tables where its Cardlock data resided.
The solution and Benefits
SNP Glue was installed and handled UFA’s customizations without problems. With the SNP Glue solution, UFA replicates certain tables every 15 minutes on the delta loads and also performs full nightly loads on other tables. UFA plans to use Glue to replicate SAP data whenever and wherever needed. UFA stated that SNP Glue will be a critical tool in the UFA landscape moving forward. To date, UFA has leveraged SNP Glue on three projects successfully.
- 100% ABAP means native SAP integration
- SAP NetWeaver-certified
- Leverages many of the data interfaces SAP provides at the application level
- Scalable, future-proofed target agnostic storage
- Push or pull data with batch and streaming execution
- Application and event-based integration
- Virtualization of remote data sources within SAP environment
- Enterprise-ready, high-speed real-time/batch execution with advanced CDC
SNP Glue handled the replication of our custom-built tables magnificently. Our long-term plans for Glue are to use it whenever and wherever we can.
Project Manager & Manager at UFA Cooperative